This colorful corn mango salsa is a perfect addition to any summer get together. The perfect combination of sweet mango, tangy lime, fresh cilantro, and fresh corn all tossed in one bowl for easy clean up makes this one of our favorite recipes.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This corn mango salsa is our new favorite salsa to pair with fish tacos, shrimp tacos, chicken tacos, grilled meat, burrito bowls, or crunchy tortilla chips. It makes for a great side dish or appetizer. Let's make some salsa!
- Mango - Mango is the real star of this recipe! We suggest finding juicy mangos that are ripe but not mushy. You want the mango to hold its shape in the salsa and still have a small amount of tang. Use a sharp knife to carefully dice the mangoes into small pieces. Our favorite mangoes are honey mangos that we typically buy at Costco.
- Corn - Feel free to use whatever corn you prefer for this recipe. Grilled corn would take this salsa to the next level! Fresh sweet corn is the best in the summer. If you want to grill the corn, simply brush the corn with a little olive oil and leave it on the grill on medium-high heat for a few minutes until you have grill marks. If you're looking to keep it simple, canned corn kernels or frozen corn will do the trick.
- Avocado, Red Bell Pepper, Red Onion, Jalapeno - The red bell pepper can be easily swapped for yellow or orange. The red onion can be swapped for yellow onion or white onion. Jalapeno pepper gives this salsa a little kick! If you have an extra spicy jalapeno, feel free to dial back the amount of jalapeno.
- Lime, Cilantro, Salt - All essential in any good salsa recipe. Fresh lime juice is best, but you can use bottled lime juice in a pinch.
See the recipe card below for a complete list of ingredients and measurements.
Equipment You’ll Need
For this recipe, you will need the following equipment:
- Cutting board and sharp knife
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Medium bowl
- Optional: veggie chopper
Step by Step Directions
For the full recipe instructions, scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
1. Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl and mix well.
2. Serve with tortilla chips or on your favorite tacos, salads, and bowls.
Tips & Variations
- Feel free to make this recipe your own by adding other ingredients like rinsed black beans, pineapple, green onion, green bell pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, roma tomato, or apple cider vinegar. This is the perfect dish to make your own!
- A few of our favorite ways to eat this salsa include with fish tacos, shrimp tacos, air fryer salmon, chicken tacos, fajitas, burrito bowls, and simply with a bag of tortilla chips.
Yes, this recipe checks all these boxes and is a fun appetizer for summer gatherings.
We recommend storing this salsa in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can serve the salsa cold or at room temperature.
We do not recommend freezing this salsa as the texture will not be ideal once it is frozen and thawed. This recipe is best served fresh.
If you like this colorful mango salsa, check out a few of our other easy appetizers:
If you make this mango corn salsa recipe, please let us know how it turns out in the comments below and/or rate the recipe! Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram to show us your finished product—it makes our day every time we see you trying the recipes we love!
Corn Mango Salsa
- 2 large mangos, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl and mix well. Serve with tortilla chips or on your favorite tacos, salads, and bowls.
- We recommend storing this salsa in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can serve the salsa cold or at room temperature.
- We do not recommend freezing this salsa as the texture will not be ideal once it is frozen and thawed. This recipe is best served fresh.
- This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and vegetarian and is a fun appetizer for summer gatherings.
- We often provide tips and suggestions for how a recipe can be created to be dairy-free, gluten-free, vegetarian, or vegan. It is your responsibility to select and use products as well as work in an environment that will meet those criteria. We are not responsible for any reaction or adverse event that may result from making our recipes.
The recipe can be found on My Fitness Pal by searching "BWB Corn Mango Salsa."
The nutrition content provided for each recipe is an estimate created through the My Fitness Pal database. Please be aware that the nutritional content of each recipe may vary based on the products you use, the precision of your measurements, and the source you use to obtain nutrition data. While we try to provide accurate information, we give no guarantee regarding the accuracy of the nutritional information provided.