These no bake chocolate peanut butter oat bars are one of our favorite easy treats to have on hand. All you'll need is a few simple and wholesome ingredients. If you're a peanut butter lover, these bars are for you!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This recipe uses simple ingredients you likely already have on hand
- This recipe is easily made gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and vegetarian
- These bars are the perfect post-lunch treat and store well in the freezer
- You can make these bars in less than 10 minutes
- They're perfect for a sweet tooth and any peanut butter lovers in your life!
- If you're looking for a protein bar option, check out our perfect bars.
- Natural peanut butter - be sure to use natural peanut butter with only two ingredients for this recipe: peanuts & salt! Natural peanut butter is slightly runnier than other peanut butter with additives and the texture helps to bind the mixture. We suggest creamy peanut butter for this recipe.
- Pure maple syrup - be sure to use 100% pure maple syrup for this recipe.
- Salt - just a touch for the base + more for sprinkling on top.
- Oat flour - you can either use 1 cup of oat flour or 2/3 cup of oat flour and 1/4 cup of vanilla protein powder. You can make your own oat flour by simply blending the oats in the blender or food processor until you have a fine crumb. We prefer to blend old-fashioned oats instead of quick oats.
- Chocolate chips & coconut oil - for the chocolate layer! Feel free to use semi-sweet, dark, or milk chocolate chips. We prefer dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
See the recipe card below for a complete list of ingredients and measurements.
Equipment You’ll Need
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 8x8 pan
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl and spatula
- Microwave-safe bowl
Step by Step Directions
For the full recipe instructions, scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Line an 8x8 square pan with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter and maple syrup together.
Add the salt and oat flour (and protein powder if using) and mix until well combined. Use your hands if necessary.
Press the mixture into the pan in an even layer.
In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second increments until the mixture is smooth.
Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter oat layer and spread it into an even layer with the back of a spoon or a rubber spatula.
Place the pan into the fridge or freezer until the chocolate topping is hardened. Cut into pieces and top with more sea salt.
Tips & Variations
- Feel free to melt the chocolate chips in a small saucepan on medium low heat on the stove top rather than the microwave.
- You can substitute the type of nut or seed butter used here. Almond butter, cashew butter, and sunflower seed butter will all yield different, but good results.
- You can also add a dash of vanilla extract to the peanut butter base.
- If you want a thick layer of chocolate, feel free to add an extra 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to the chocolate mixture.
- If the bar seems to be too dry, you can try adding a little bit more peanut butter or maple syrup until it reaches the desired consistency/taste.
- Added protein option: Instead of 1 cup of oat flour, you can replace it with 2/3 cup oat flour and 1/4 cup protein powder.
Store these bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for 2 months. Let the bars come to room temperature before eating after storing in the freezer.
Yes, these bars can easily fit all dietary needs! For a gluten-free bar, ensure that the oats are certified gluten-free oats. For a dairy-free & vegan bar, use vegan chocolate chips.
If you like this peanut butter oatmeal bar recipe, check out a few of our other no bake desserts:
If you make this no bake dessert recipe, please let us know how it turns out in the comments below and/or rate the recipe! Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram to show us your finished product—it makes our day every time we see you trying the recipes we love!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup oat flour—don't pack the oat flour!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter and maple syrup together.
- Add the salt and oat flour and mix until well combined. Use your hands if necessary. Press the mixture into the pan in an even layer.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second increments until the mixture is smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter layer and use the back of a spoon to spread it into an even layer.
- Place the pan into the fridge or freezer until the chocolate is hardened. Cut into pieces and top with more sea salt.
The recipe can be found on My Fitness Pal by searching "BWB No Bake PB Bars." The nutrition was calculated with Lily's chocolate chips and only oat flour (no protein powder).
The nutrition content provided for each recipe is an estimate created through the My Fitness Pal database. Please be aware that the nutritional content of each recipe may vary based on the products you use, the precision of your measurements, and the source you use to obtain nutrition data. While we try to provide accurate information, we give no guarantee regarding the accuracy of the nutritional information provided.