This toffee apple dip served with fresh apples is always a huge hit. The combo of cream cheese, vanilla greek yogurt, brown sugar, and toffee bits pairs perfectly with a fresh, crunchy apple. The best part is it's incredibly easy to make and lightened up from the traditional recipe thanks to the Greek yogurt.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This creamy toffee apple dip is the perfect way to use up those fresh apples during your fall gatherings
- We added Greek yogurt for a boost of protein
- This Heath bar dip is a delicious treat and always a crowd pleaser at parties
- The dip stores in the fridge for up to 3 days
- It's a good option for an after school snack or sweet treat
- Reduced-fat cream cheese - for this recipe you will need 1 block (8 ounces) of reduced fat cream cheese. Feel free to swap it for a block of regular cream cheese as well.
- Vanilla Greek yogurt - for this recipe we use Two Good Vanilla Greek yogurt. It's one of our favorite brands of Greek yogurt. Feel free to use your favorite brand.
- Brown sugar - just a touch of brown sugar provides the perfect sweetness without being overly sweet.
- Vanilla extract - just a touch!
- Toffee Bits or Crushed Heath bar - You can either buy crunchy toffee bits or create your own. Most grocery stores carry toffee bits by the chocolate chip section. For ease, we recommend buying the Heath English Toffee Bits to make a Heath bar toffee dip. You can also purchase Heath bars or SKOR bars and add them to a ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin into bits.
- Sliced apples - use your favorite apples! We love pink lady apples, granny smith apples, and honeycrisp apples for this recipe. While you can use any type of apple, we recommend picking a tart apple to balance out the sweetness of the dip.
See the recipe card below for a complete list of ingredients and measurements.
Equipment You’ll Need
- Large mixing bowl and hand mixer or stand mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Knife and cutting board
Step by Step Directions
For the full recipe instructions, scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, add the softened cream cheese. Beat the cream cheese for 2 minutes until it’s light and fluffy.
Add the Greek yogurt, brown sugar, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
Gently mix in the toffee bits.
Serve with sliced apples.
Tips & Variations
- The cream cheese will be slightly easier to mix if you leave it at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before mixing.
- Serve this dip with graham crackers, sliced peaches, vanilla wafers, banana—it's pretty much good on any fresh fruit!
- If you want even more of a sweet dip, feel free to mix in some mini chocolate chips or drizzle a little caramel sauce on the top of the dip.
- If you are hoping for a bit more of a fall flavor, add a dash of pumpkin pie spice for an apple pie vibe.
- Separation of the cream cheese toffee apple dip the next day is normal. Simply stir the dip with a spoon. If the toffee bits are no longer crunchy, feel free to add some more!
You can definitely make this dip ahead of time. We recommend waiting to stir in the toffee bits until just before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. For best results, we recommend you cut apples fresh right before eating to prevent the apples from browning. If the apples will be out at room temperature for a while, we recommend adding a little bit of lemon juice to the fresh slices to prevent browning.
This dip is gluten-free as long as you use a toffee that is gluten-free. The bag of Heath toffee bits are labeled gluten-free.
For a dairy-free and vegan version, use dairy-free cream cheese and dairy-free yogurt. Note that the consistency will change slightly.
This dip is suitable for a vegetarian.
If you like this crowd favorite apple dip recipe, check out a few of our other easy snack recipes:
If you make this cream cheese apple dip, please let us know how it turns out in the comments below and/or rate the recipe! Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram to show us your finished product—it makes our day every time we see you trying the recipes we love!
Easy Toffee Apple Dip
- 8 ounces (1 block) reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup toffee bits or crushed Heath bar (add more if desired)
- Sliced apples, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, add the cream cheese. Beat the cream cheese for 2 minutes until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add the Greek yogurt, brown sugar, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Gently mix in the toffee bits. Serve with sliced apples.
The recipe can be found on My Fitness Pal by searching "BWB Toffee Apple Dip."
The nutrition content provided for each recipe is an estimate created through the My Fitness Pal database. Please be aware that the nutritional content of each recipe may vary based on the products you use, the precision of your measurements, and the source you use to obtain nutrition data. While we try to provide accurate information, we give no guarantee regarding the accuracy of the nutritional information provided.