This Easy Homemade S'mores Mix is the perfect no-bake, easy snack for the upcoming summer months and is a fun twist on the classic S'mores. Golden Grahams, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and a little bit of coconut oil are all you need to bring it to life!Jump to Recipe
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you've ever tried the Fannie May S'mores Snack Mix, you know what we're talking about when we say a S'mores mix is absolutely delicious! We decided to try to make our own version at home and it has become one of our favorite treats over the past few weeks. It is an easy recipe, requires only four ingredients, has a great taste, and doesn't require the use of the stove or the oven—that is one of our favorite things about this recipe! The no-bake option is a big plus for us when we are trying to keep our kitchens cool in the hot summer months.
A big bowl of S'mores Mix is the perfect snack for summer camping, movie night, BBQs or cookouts, game nights, or another fun special event. While it's great for summer, it can be made all year round—no campfire necessary! It makes for a great after-school snack or a fun treat to satisfy that sweet tooth.
- Golden Grahams - We like to use Golden Grahams or another graham cracker cereal for this recipe. Sometimes a grocery store will carry its own version of Golden Grahams for a cheaper price. Malt-O-Meal also carries a brand called Honey Graham Squares. Any of those options will work great! We do not recommend using graham cracker sheets because the graham crackers can get a little soggy once coated in the chocolate.
- Mini marshmallows - fluffy marshmallows are a must in this recipe! Instead of the typical S'mores marshmallows, which are quite large, we use mini marshmallows. They are the best choice to keep the size consistent with the Golden Graham squares.
- Chocolate chips - you can use any chocolate chips of your choosing here! Whether you're a fan of pure milk chocolate, semi-sweet, or dark, it is easily customizable to your favorite option.
- Coconut oil - the reasons we use coconut oil in this recipe are to give the chocolate some shine and to help it solidify more quickly once in the refrigerator.
See the recipe card below for a complete list of ingredients and measurements.
Equipment You’ll Need
- A large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- A large bowl
- A rubber spatula
- A small bowl (microwave-safe)
- A microwave
Step by Step Directions
For the full recipe instructions, scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
1: Add the Golden Grahams and mini marshmallows to a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
2: Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30-second increments until the chocolate is smooth.
3: Pour the melted chocolate over the Golden Grahams and mini marshmallows. Stir gently with a rubber spatula until the Golden Grahams and marshmallows are evenly coated.
4: Pour the S'mores mixture onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and spread it into an even layer. Place it into the refrigerator to cool completely.
Tips & Variations
- We highly recommend lining your baking sheet with parchment paper. Not following this step will make it very difficult to pull the S'mores Mix off of the baking sheet as the chocolate will stick to it.
- Let the S'mores Mix cool completely before serving. The chocolate should be completely set and hardened.
- Because this S'mores Mix is coated in chocolate, we do not recommend leaving it outside in the sun for long periods of time. Once the S'mores Mix becomes warmer than room temperature and you notice it starting to melt, pop it back into the fridge to help it reset.
- If you're looking to mix up this S'mores Mix a little bit, you could try making it with Teddy Grahams instead of Golden Grahams cereal. Teddy Grahams also come in a variety of flavors—chocolate, chocolatey chip, cinnamon, and honey.
- If you're looking to add a salty element to this mix, you could try adding peanut butter pretzels, mini pretzels, or pretzel sticks to create a sweet and salty flavor combo.
We recommend storing it in the refrigerator. You can leave it on your baking sheet or place it in an airtight container or resealable bag.
Of course! Just store it in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
This S'mores mix is not gluten-free or vegan. It can be made dairy-free by using dairy-free chocolate chips and is suitable for a vegetarian. As always, verify that the ingredients you use meet your dietary needs.
If you like this recipe, give these a try!
If you make this S'mores Mix, please let us know how it turns out in the comments below and/or rate the recipe! Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram to show us your finished product—it makes our day every time we see you trying the recipes we love!
- 6 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, add the golden grahams and mini marshmallows. Mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30 second increments until the chocolate is smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the smores mixture. Mix until all of the golden grahams and marshmallows are evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it into an even layer. Set the pan in the fridge and allow it to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- If you make this ahead of time, just store it in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- We recommend storing this S'mores Mix in the refrigerator. You can leave it on your baking sheet or place it in an airtight container or resealable bag.
- This S’mores mix is not gluten-free or vegan. It can be made dairy-free by using dairy-free chocolate chips and is suitable for a vegetarian.
- We often provide tips and suggestions for how a recipe can be created to be dairy-free, gluten-free, vegetarian, or vegan. It is your responsibility to select and use products as well as work in an environment that will meet those criteria. We are not responsible for any reaction or adverse event that may result from making our recipes.
The recipe can be found on My Fitness Pal by searching "BWB S'mores Mix."
The nutrition content provided for each recipe is an estimate created through the My Fitness Pal database. Please be aware that the nutritional content of each recipe may vary based on the products you use, the precision of your measurements, and the source you use to obtain nutrition data. While we try to provide accurate information, we give no guarantee regarding the accuracy of the nutritional information provided.