If you've checked out Starbucks’ breakfast menu, you've likely seen or ordered their turkey bacon egg white breakfast sandwich. I prefer it over the egg wrap, egg bites, impossible breakfast sandwich, and other menu items. I find myself getting them frequently when I'm traveling through the airport since it's a cheap, quick snack. This Starbucks Copycat Breakfast Sandwich recipe is our version of the sandwich and it is perfect for meal prep. We make the sandwiches and individually wrap them so we can heat them up throughout the week. There are simple ingredients in this recipe and it is easily customizable. Feel free to swap out the egg whites for whole eggs if you prefer and add any additional toppings to the sandwich. Let's get meal prepping some egg sandwiches!
What ingredients do you need?
Liquid Egg Whites
To stay true to the Starbucks recipe, we use liquid egg whites that come in a carton. Feel free to swap the egg whites out for 10 whole eggs. Simply add the eggs to the bowl and whisk them before adding them to the pan to bake. Between the egg whites and the turkey bacon, these sandwiches are packed with 30g of protein to help fuel you.
Starbucks uses a reduced-fat turkey bacon, however, you can use any turkey bacon. We like the Columbus brand at Costco. You can always swap out the turkey bacon for good old traditional bacon.
The Starbucks menu uses reduced-fat white cheddar cheese, but feel free to use Swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, or whatever you prefer. Or simply leave the cheese out and swap for avocado!
You will need 6 English muffins for this recipe. You can use your favorite, white or whole wheat will work great. Thomas and Dave’s Organic brand have good options. For our gluten-free friends, make sure you use a gluten-free brand. You could also easily make these sandwiches into a breakfast wrap by using your favorite tortilla.
Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, Salt, and Pepper
These seasonings will help to give the breakfast sandwiches the extra flavor they need. You can find everything but the bagel seasoning at most stores but we typically find the best deal at Trader Joe's.
Other Optional Items
You can make this sandwich in several different ways to mix it up. Optional items include sliced avocado, Laughing Cow cheese wedge, and hot honey. If you plan to meal prep these sandwiches, note that the avocado is best added fresh to prevent it from browning.
What equipment do you need?
For this recipe, you will need the following equipment:
- 9x13 inch baking dish
- Measuring cups and spoons
How do I make this breakfast sandwich?
- The first thing you'll need to do is preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray an 8x10 pan with olive or avocado oil spray or line with parchment paper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Place the turkey bacon in a row on the baking sheet, leaving enough room between each piece so they aren’t touching.
- Pour the egg whites into the 8x10 pan. Sprinkle the EBTB seasoning and salt evenly on top.
- Set the egg white pan and the turkey bacon baking sheet in the oven at the same time.
- While the eggs and turkey bacon are cooking, slice the English muffins in half.
- Let the eggs and turkey bacon cook for 20-22 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and the turkey bacon has browned.
- Let the eggs and turkey bacon cool for at least 5 minutes. Cut the egg whites into 6 even pieces. Cut the turkey bacon in half.
- Assemble each sandwich with an egg white slice, cheese slice, and a full slice of turkey bacon. Add any additional desired toppings.
- If you plan to eat the sandwiches right away, we prefer to turn the oven on broil and let the outside of the sandwiches toast. You can also wrap each sandwich in foil or plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Anything else to consider?
If you plan to meal prep these sandwiches, we recommend wrapping them individually or storing them in an airtight container in the fridge. When you're ready to eat them, simply microwave them or add them to the toaster oven—our preferred method that will make the outside toasty. You could also turn your oven on broil and give each side enough time to get golden brown, about 2-3 minutes, but watch closely to prevent burning.
Is this recipe (GF/DF/V/Veg)?
In order to make this recipe gluten-free, use a gluten-free English muffin. In order to make this recipe dairy-free, omit the cheese. This recipe is not vegan or vegetarian. As always, make sure each individual ingredient you use meets your dietary needs.
If you like this recipe, check out our other quick breakfasts:
If you make this Starbucks Copycat Breakfast Sandwich With Turkey Bacon and Egg Whites, please let us know how it turns out in the comments below and/or rate the recipe! Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram to show us your finished product—it makes our day every time we see you trying the recipes we love!
Starbucks Copycat Breakfast Sandwich With Turkey Bacon and Egg Whites
- 6 English muffins
- 6 pieces turkey bacon
- 3 cups liquid egg whites (can substitute with 10 whole eggs, whisked)
- 6 slices cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp everything but the bagel seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Optional: Avocado, hot honey, laughing cow cheese wedge
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up. Place the turkey bacon in a row on the baking sheet, leaving enough room between each piece so they aren’t touching.
- Spray an 8x10 pan with olive or avocado oil spray or line with parchment paper. Pour the egg whites into the 8x10 pan. Sprinkle the EBTB seasoning and salt evenly on top.
- Set the egg white pan and the turkey bacon baking sheet in the oven at the same time. While the eggs and turkey bacon are cooking, slice the english muffins in half.
- Let the eggs and turkey bacon cook for 22-25 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and the turkey bacon has browned.
- Remove from the oven and let the eggs and turkey bacon cool for at least 5 minutes. Cut the egg whites into 6 even pieces. Cut the turkey bacon in half.
- Assemble each sandwich with an egg white slice, a cheese slice and a full slice of turkey bacon (two halves). Add any additional desired toppings. Microwave for 1 minute or broil in an oven or toaster oven for 1-2 minutes each side to allow the cheese to melt. We recommend broiling in order to toast the bread.
- You can also wrap each sandwich in foil or plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
The recipe can be found on My Fitness Pal by searching "BWB Starbucks Copycat Breakfast Sandwich."
The nutrition content provided for each recipe is an estimate created through the My Fitness Pal database. Please be aware that the nutritional content of each recipe may vary based on the products you use, the precision of your measurements, and the source you use to obtain nutrition data. While we try to provide accurate information, we give no guarantee regarding the accuracy of the nutritional information provided.