This gluten-free ramen is our spin on a classic. The addition of veggies and chicken completes the ramen and makes it more filling and satisfying. It's still easy to make and packed with flavor. You'll love this gluten-free version of a pantry staple!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It's a simple recipe you can make in less than 20 minutes.
- The simple ingredients are nourishing and packed with carbs, veggies, and protein.
- Great for gluten-free friends
- Easily double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd
- The ramen is flexible to whatever ingredients you have on hand
- The broth is rich and full of flavor
- Chicken broth or chicken bone broth - use your favorite chicken broth, chicken stock, or chicken bone broth for this recipe. We like to use low-sodium broth. Some chicken bone broth can have a different flavor, so be sure to use a kind you know and love. You could also use vegetable broth here for a vegetarian version.
- Minced garlic and minced ginger - make sure both are finely minced. We love to purchase the frozen cubes from Trader Joe's for convenience.
- Onion powder, salt, turmeric - don't skip any of these! They all add depth and flavor to the broth base.
- Gluten-free ramen noodles - we recommend Lotus Foods Brown Rice Ramen*. They are made with a brown rice flour and don't have wheat flour like traditional ramen noodles. You can find it in bulk at Costco or at your local grocery store. If you don't have a gluten allergy, you can also use regular ramen noodles here.
- Shredded chicken - use up any leftover chicken you have here for extra protein! We like to use rotisserie chicken for ease.
- Shredded carrots, mushrooms, green onions - these are the veggies we typically add, feel free to add whatever veggies you prefer.
See the recipe card below for a complete list of ingredients and measurements.
Equipment You’ll Need
- Cutting board and knife
- Large pot
- Measuring cups and spoons
Step by Step Directions
For the full recipe instructions, scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
In a large pot, add the chicken broth, minced garlic, minced ginger, onion powder, salt, and turmeric. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
Once the mixture is boiling, add the ramen, shredded chicken, shredded carrots, mushrooms, and green onions. Boil the ramen for 5-6 minutes, until the noodles are cooked.
If you want to add an egg, crack a raw egg and drop it directly into the hot ramen, stirring well until the egg is fully cooked. You could also add a halved soft boiled egg instead.
Tips & Variations
- Feel free to use any veggies you prefer! Bell peppers, bean sprouts, zucchini noodles, baby bok choy, and spinach would all be good options.
- If you want extra flavor, feel free to add a dash of red curry paste, chili powder, nutritional yeast, coconut aminos, tamari, or gluten-free soy sauce.
- Add a cracked fresh egg directly to the hot pot and stir until fully cooked. You can also top the ramen with a soft-boiled egg.
Store leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. We don't recommend freezing this soup as the ramen noodles will become mushy.
The classic ramen noodles are not gluten-free. This ramen recipe is gluten-free using the Lotus Foods ramen noodles and great for those with gluten intolerance or celiac disease. As always, ensure each individual ingredient is certified gluten-free.
This ramen is dairy free. Make this ramen vegetarian and vegan with the use of vegetable broth and substituting the chicken for extra veggies.
If you like this gluten free ramen recipe, check out a few of our other soup recipes:
If you make these gluten free ramen noodles, please let us know how it turns out in the comments below and/or rate the recipe! Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram to show us your finished product—it makes our day every time we see you trying the recipes we love!
Gluten Free Ramen
- 6 cups chicken broth or chicken bone broth (low sodium)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp finely minced ginger
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp salt + more to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3 packs gluten-free ramen noodles (we recommend Lotus Foods Brown Rice Noodles*)
- 2-3 cups shredded chicken (depending on preference)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- In a large pot, add the chicken broth, minced garlic, minced ginger, onion powder, salt, and turmeric. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Once the mixture is boiling, add the ramen, shredded chicken, shredded carrots, mushrooms, and green onions. Allow the ramen to boil for 5-6 minutes, until the noodles are cooked and the veggies are softened.
The recipe can be found on My Fitness Pal by searching "BWB Gluten Free Ramen."
The nutrition content provided for each recipe is an estimate created through the My Fitness Pal database. Please be aware that the nutritional content of each recipe may vary based on the products you use, the precision of your measurements, and the source you use to obtain nutrition data. While we try to provide accurate information, we give no guarantee regarding the accuracy of the nutritional information provided.