This chicken salad wrap recipe with cranberry and jalapeño is a tasty and easy recipe to add to your rotation. Use up any leftover chicken you have on hand to make a delicious & flavorful chicken salad mixture and serve it in your favorite wrap.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It takes less than 15 minutes to prep and is a fun twist on the classic chicken salad with jalapeño, cranberries, and green onion.
- It's a tasty on-the-go lunch/meal prep option.
- You can serve it in a tortilla wrap or a lettuce wrap.
- The creamy dressing has tons of flavor but is lighter by using Greek yogurt.
- It's an easy and great recipe the whole family will love.
- Cooked chicken - use any leftover shredded chicken breasts you have! Leftover rotisserie chicken is our go-to. We also like to use the slow cooker to prep chicken at the beginning of the week to easily throw in this recipe. Grilled chicken works great as well. Chicken thighs will also work.
- Green onions - swap with finely diced red onion if you prefer. Green onions give the chicken salad a bit of crunch.
- Dried cranberries - dried cherries will also work here.
- Jalapeño - adjust depending on your spice tolerance.
- Plain Greek yogurt - be sure to use unsweetened, plain Greek yogurt. Sour cream or mayo will also work!
- Dijon mustard
- Lime juice - lemon juice will work as well if you're in a pinch and don't have lime.
- Garlic powder, salt, pepper
- Lettuce - we love to use butter lettuce or romaine lettuce in this recipe. You can also skip the wrap all together and make lettuce wraps.
- Tortilla wraps - use any wrap of your choice. A large flour tortilla or whole-wheat tortilla will work great. Sub for a gluten-free option as needed.
See the recipe card below for a complete list of ingredients and measurements.
Equipment You’ll Need
- Cutting board and knife
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large bowl
Step by Step Directions
For the full recipe instructions, scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the greek yogurt, honey, dijon mustard, lime juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Add the chicken, green onions, dried cranberries, and jalapeño to the mixing bowl. Mix until evenly coated with the creamy dressing.
Add about 1 cup of the chicken mixture to the center of a tortilla wrap. Add the lettuce. Wrap the tortilla up and serve.
Tips & Variations
- Feel free to make this recipe into chicken salad lettuce wraps and skip the wrap. It's also delicious served on toasted sourdough or a croissant!
- Serve it with fresh fruit or veggies and chips or crackers for a more filling and nutritious meal.
- Crunchy pecans, almonds, or cashews also make a great addition.
You can either store these wraps in an airtight container* or wrap them in plastic wrap. We prefer to store the chicken salad mixture separately from the wrap and lettuce and assemble it fresh before eating.
For a dairy-free option, swap the greek yogurt for a dairy-free mayo or dairy-free plain yogurt. For a gluten-free option, simply use a gluten-free wrap or make them into lettuce wraps.
If you like these crunchy chicken salad wraps, check out a few other easy lunch recipes:
If you make this chicken wrap recipe, please let us know how it turns out in the comments below and/or rate the recipe! Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram to show us your finished product—it makes our day every time we see you trying the recipes we love!
Chicken Salad Wrap
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt + more to taste
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced (adjust to spice preference)
- 4 large tortilla wraps
- Lettuce, for the wraps
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the greek yogurt, honey, dijon mustard, lime juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the chicken, green onions, dried cranberries, and jalapeño to the mixing bowl. Mix until evenly coated with the creamy dressing.
- Add about 1 cup of the chicken mixture to the center of a tortilla wrap. Add the lettuce. Wrap the tortilla up and serve.
- For a dairy-free option, swap the greek yogurt for a dairy-free mayo or plain dairy-free yogurt. For a gluten-free option, simply use a gluten-free wrap or make them into lettuce wraps.
The recipe can be found on My Fitness Pal by searching "BWB Chicken Salad Wrap."
The nutrition content provided for each recipe is an estimate created through the My Fitness Pal database. Please be aware that the nutritional content of each recipe may vary based on the products you use, the precision of your measurements, and the source you use to obtain nutrition data. While we try to provide accurate information, we give no guarantee regarding the accuracy of the nutritional information provided.